Race starts on Friday 21st June at 7:30pm
This is just off the A1 north of Grantham. You can
find a detailed location map here. There are toilets, including
disabled facilities, at Race HQ as well as changing rooms and showers. There is plenty of parking,
so please keep the course clear by using the car parks provided. (see map for details)
The race will start at 7:30pm prompt. There will be a rolling road closure for most of the route in
the direction of the race, please be aware that vehicles can travel on the other side of the road.
Runners will be required to run in accordance with the Highway Code and in single file
It is a fairly flat course with 33m of ascent and 33m of descent, a course profile is on our
website. There is one drinks station for water at 6km. There is also a first aid station here as well
as one at the finish. If you witness a fellow runner injured, or in difficulty, please make sure a
marshal has been informed before you continue your run.
The start is situated a few hundred metres from Race HQ and will be clearly signed. There are no
toilets at the start area. The start area will remain live to traffic until the road closure is put in
place at 7:20pm. Runners who get to the start prior to this time are requested not to block the
road and to assemble in the car park adjacent. To help ensure a smooth start we will indicate time
boxes at the roadside.
Once the race has started runners will have the use of both carriageways for approximately 200
metres, after which you will be guided onto the nearside carriageway only. Runners are reminded
to run on the left hand side throughout the race. This is for your own safety and is the shortest
route round the course.
The finish line is just before the gateway as you re-enter Race HQ. There will be a gantry
making it clearly visible. When you finish, please move off the carriageway onto the playing
fields, along the funnel and collect your bottle of beer, memento and refreshments.
NOTE: The wearing of headphones is strictly prohibited and any runners found wearing them
will be disqualified.
Race Numbers will be posted along with the final communique the week before the race, you will be
notified by email when you race pack has been posted.
Each race number has an RFID chip attached to the back, pre-loaded with your details.
Race numbers must be attached securely to the front of your vest/ T-shirt for the race. Please
complete the short medical questionnaire on the reverse of the number.
Failure to wear your number will mean your time and placing can’t be recorded. We request that
you do not transfer your number to a fellow runner without letting us know, see transfer menu.
Lost/transferred numbers should be reported at Race Reception on the night or before by e-mail
If you have entered the race but are unable to take part, you may transfer your entry to another runner until midnight on Sunday 16th June.
Details on how to do this will be updated here.
Prizes and presentation
1st three Senior Male
1st three Female runners
1st place Male Vet: V40, V50, V60+
1st place Female Vet: V35, V45, V55+
1st prize for Male (4) and Female (3) Teams.
Presentation will be at approximately 8:45pm in the Race HQ.
Results will be posted inside the pavilion.
If you have provided a mobile number your results will be texted to you and all runners will also be e-mailed their results. Results will be posted here.
For a more detailed look, or to download the course to your GPS device
General Data Protection Regulations
To be updated
Terms & Conditions
By entering this event you agree to abide by these terms and conditions and any race instructions
given by the race organisers. The Summer Solstice Road Race is delivered in accordance with
UKA Rules and regulations and is organised by Grantham Running Club.
- 1. Entry to the event is £16 for affiliated and £18 for non-affiliated runners. By affiliation
we mean a runner that holds a UKA Competition License. The entry system at Run Britain will automatically check this requirement.
- 2. You can only enter the race via Run Britain. There
are no entries on the day.
- 3. Anyone who will be aged 17 or older on or before the 21st June 2019 may apply for
entry to the race.
- 4. Applications will be accepted up to the entry limit of 900 in the order of date received
at the race office and subject to entry closure date.
- 5. In the interest of health & safety the Race Director at his discretion may reduce the entry
- 6. If your entry is accepted, your fee is non-refundable, even in the case of event
cancellation. The race will not be rescheduled.
- 7. Entries can be transferred to another runner up to 16th June 2019 23:59. Please see
transfer menu for additional information.
- 8. Only one application per person will be accepted; any fees processed due to individuals
submitting duplicate entries are refundable at the Race Directors discretion. Please check the entry list before entering if you are unsure.
- 9. Non-affiliated runners can form a team(s) subject to meeting the required minimum
number of participants per team; on Run Britain enter your team name under the Running
- 10. Members of affiliated clubs will automatically be entered into the Team category and the
team will be made up from the order the runners finish.
Any offensive Teams names will not be included in the Team Event.
For the team category prizes, men’s teams will consist of 4 members and women’s teams of 3 members. The teams will be ranked by the lowest combined finishing positions of their respective
- 11. Runners can only win one individual prize each and will automatically be allocated the highest
- 12. We reserve the right to refuse to allow you to participate in the event at the start, or to
continue participation at any point along the route of the event, should you be deemed to
be behaving inappropriately or give cause for concern that your continued participation
may cause offence or injury to yourself, any spectator or other competitors. This includes
the wearing of any clothing or visual message that may cause offence.
- 13. Failure to comply with an instruction from race officials will result in disqualification and
ejection from the race.
- 14. Race numbers must be displayed on your front. Anyone not displaying an official race
number or displaying it in an inappropriate way will be removed from the race.
- 15. Closing date for all entries is midnight 14th June 2019 or when the race limit has been
reached, whichever comes first.
- 16. All entrants are required to finish the race in under one and a half hours. Anyone still on
the course after 90 minutes will be considered a walking pedestrian and must follow the
- 17. The wearing of headphones (including those that conduct sound through bones) and other music playing devices is not permitted. This is for your
own safety, as listening to music during a race may distract you from being able to hear
instructions from race officials and other runners on the course. Anyone wearing
headphones during the event will be disqualified.
- 18. No pets or other animals are permitted in the race.
- 19. If any visually impaired athlete needs a guide to help them round the course there will be
no entry fee for the guide and they will not be eligible for any prizes.
- 20.The decision of the Race Referee in terms of prize allocation is final.
- 21. By entering the event you give permission for relevant information you have provided to
be given to our first aid providers.
- 22. By entering the event you give permission for the free use of your name or photograph in
any broadcast, telecast, advertising promotion or other marketing of this event.